Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I will live this day as if it is my last

And what shall I do with this last precious day which remains in my keeping? Very first, I will seal up its container of life to ensure that not one drop spills itself upon the sand. I will waste not a moment mourning yesterday's misfortunes, yesterday's defeats, yesterday's aches of the heart, for why need to I throw good immediately after poor?
Can sand flow upward within the
hour glass? Will the sun rise where it sets and set where it rises? Can I relive the errors of yesterday and right them? Can I call back yesterday's wounds and make them entire? Can I become younger than yesterday? Can I take back the evil that was spoken, the blows that had been struck, the discomfort that was caused? No. Yesterday is buried forever and I will think of it no additional.
And what then shall I do? Forgetting yesterday neither will I think
of tomorrow. Why ought to I throw note following possibly? Can tomorrow's sand flow by way of the glass prior to today's? Will the sun rise twice this morning? Can I perform tomorrow's deeds even though standing in today's path? Can I location tomorrow's gold in today's purse? Can tomorrow's child be born today? Can tomorrow's death cast its shadow backward and darken today's joy? Need to I concern myself over events which l may well by no means witness? Ought to I torment myself with complications that may by no means come to pass? No! Tomorrow lies buried with yesterday, and I will think of it no far more.
This day is all I have
and these hours are now my eternity. I greet this sunrise with cries of joy as a prisoner who's reprieved from death. I lift mine arms with thanks for this priceless gift of a new day. So too, I will beat upon my heart with gratitude as I think about all who greeted yesterday's sunrise who are no longer with the living these days. I'm indeed a fortunate man and today's hours are but a bonus, undeserved. Why have I been allowed to live this additional day when other people, far superior than I, have departed? Is it that they have accomplished their purpose whilst mine is however to be achieved? Is this another opportunity for me to grow to be the man I know I can be? Is there a purpose in nature? Is this my day to excel?
I have
but 1 life and life is naught but a measurement of time. When I waste one I destroy the other. If I waste these days I destroy the last page of my life. Therefore, every hour of this day will I cherish for it can in no way return. It can not be banked currently to be withdrawn on the morrow, for who can trap the wind? Each minute of this day will I grasp with both hands and fondle with adore for its value is beyond price. What dying man can obtain a different breath although he willingly give all his gold? What price dare I location on the hours ahead? I will make them priceless!
I will stay away from
with fury the killers of time. Procrastination I will destroy with action; doubt I will bury under faith; fear I will dismember with confidence. Where you can find idle mouths I will listen not; where you will find idle hands I will linger not; where you'll find idle bodies I will check out not. Henceforth I know that to court idleness is to steal food, clothing, and warmth from those I enjoy. I am not a thief. I'm a man of adore and right now is my last chance to prove my adore and my greatness.
The duties of today
I shall fu1fill these days. Nowadays I shall fondle my youngsters while they are young; tomorrow they will be gone, and so will I. Currently I shall embrace my woman with sweet kisses; tomorrow she are going to be gone, and so will I. Nowadays I shall lift up a friend in have to have; tomorrow he will no longer cry for support, nor will I hear his cries. Nowadays I shall give myself in sacrifice and work; tomorrow I will have nothing to give, and there will be none to receive.
And if it is
my last, it will be my greatest monument. This day I will make the best day of my life. This day I will drink each and every minute to its full. I will savor its taste and give thanks. I will make the each and every hour count and each minute I will trade only for some thing of value. I will labor harder than ever prior to and push my muscles until they cry for relief, and then I will continue. I will make a lot more calls than ever just before. I will sell a lot more goods than ever just before. I will earn extra gold than ever just before. Each minute of currently will probably be far more fruitful than hours of yesterday. My last have to be my ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment